Friday, May 28, 2010

Mancora

Another delayed bus later i arrived into Mancora.

I got to the bus station in Trujillo at 11.15pm ready for my 11.45pm bus to Mancora. The t
axi driver dropped me at the Ormeno bus station, and there wasn’t a person in sight, it was shut-up and i thought ‘oh shit, what do i do now?’ I knocked onto on the doors and finally a little man came out and told me to come through....I was a bit apprehensive because it was deserted. But i went with him and sat in the bus station, looking for some other people...but nothing! He left me and my bags and off he went, thats when i thought ‘I’ve been stitched up, hes going to rob me!’ But luckily i was being paranoid as about 15minutes later an Australian girl and her English boyfriend also arrived for the same bus. Shit was i happy to see them! They also thought something dodgy was going on, and were happy to see another face in the terminal! So we sat and waited, and the man came back and said the bus was delayed and wouldn’t arrive until 2.15am. So we had a very uncomfortable couple of hours trying to lay down on bus station plastic seats! Boy were we glad when the bus finally pulled through and we got into some comfy first-class seats and fell asleep pretty quickly!

So after 4 days of umming and arring about where to stay in Mancora, i decided to go with the party hostel. I was deciding between the party hostel, staying in a dorm room or for the same price a non party place with my own room and bathroom. Tough choice, but i though itd be easy to make friends here and i was long due for a drink! I checked in and had a room with 2 guys and another girl. In dorm rooms they are all mixed, so i was lucky i didn’t get 3 guys. And they were New Zealanders, so it was nice actually and they weren’t young and stupid either.

I kind of wish that i had gone to the non party hostel though...i know, thought you’d never hear those words come out of my mouth...millie not wanting a party hostel. But its kind of like that Contiki Island resort i went to when i was 18. Not something i really want at 25. Its just that they are pretty young travellers here and all get blind drunk and stupid. Thank god i wasn’t rooming with them! Also it is eternally loud. Which i knew it would be, but at about 7am the hostel next door resumes their building renovations and continues till about 6.30pm everyday. So all you can hear is grinding, drilling, welding, hammering for hours on end. Then come 7pm and the music starts. It is unbelievably loud too, i know i must sound like a nanna but its constant until the wee hours of the morning. So luckily the first night i was drunk and passed out and tonight i am leaving to Ecuador on a 1am bus, so the music isn’t too much of a drama!\

No comments:

Post a Comment